News & Blog

What We Say

Monday, 17 May 2021

Understanding Commercial Auto Liability

Written by
Rate this item
(0 votes)


If you use your car or truck for business, you'll need commercial auto insurance to protect you when you're on the road. Your car or truck is covered by commercial auto insurance, and it can be expanded to cover your employees, even though they drive their own cars.

Commercial auto liability insurance, also known as business auto liability insurance, protects a company against costs associated with accidents or property damage incurred by a business owner or one of their employees driving an insured commercial vehicle. Any type of commercial vehicle, including cars, SUVs, vans, and trucks, may be covered by commercial auto liability insurance.

What is a Commercial Auto Liability? 

Car insurance for cars used for work or business is known as commercial auto insurance. Standard or personal auto insurance, on the other hand, is automobile insurance for cars used in your personal life. 

Commercial car insurance includes a variety of coverage options, including:

  • Liability coverage: Bodily injury liability (BIL) protects you if you or one of your employees injures someone else while driving one of your insured vehicles, while property damage liability (PDL) protects you if you or one of your employees injures someone else while driving one of your insured vehicles.
  • Medical-related coverage: If the cars are involved in an accident, it covers the medical bills of the driver and passengers, regardless of fault.
  • Collision coverage: Ensures the cars from damage caused by collisions, regardless of who is at fault.
  • Comprehensive coverage: Covers burglary, vandalism, severe weather, dropping items, and other non-crash accidents that cause damage to your car.

Do you need Commercial Auto Liability insurance?

Commercial auto liability insurance is required for any company whose owner(s) or employees use company-owned vehicles for business purposes. Commercial auto liability insurance is designed to cover a wide range of vehicles and scenarios. Agents should pay attention to a company's needs in order to assist them in developing a personalized and comprehensive insurance plan.

You don't need a commercial auto policy if you just drive your personal car to and from work; your daily commute is protected by standard car insurance. If you use your car for work, though, your personal auto insurance won't protect you, and you'll need commercial auto insurance. However, determining whether or not you want a separate commercial auto policy can be difficult at times.

Logos Insurance Services is one of the fastest-growing commercial insurance firms in Southern California. We have appointments in many states and can write commercial policies all over the world. Call us at (818) 288-8293 or visit our website for more information on how Logos Insurance Services can help keep your company healthy.

Read 617 times

Contact Info


Phone: (818) 860-4400


Logos Insurance Services. License #6004349